Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Eggs from the Farm

When we first moved into our house, our daughter received a birthday gift for her 5th birthday from her aunt....chickens!  We've had chickens ever since and love them!  We primarily have layers, but every spring we buy birds we raise just for meat.

Our layers provide us with fresh eggs daily and I haven't bought eggs for several years.   We get way more than we can eat.  The extras go to our neighbors and friends.  



I received this antique egg scale from my mother-in-law.
I only use it when I want to see how big a really big egg is.




Every egg is a different size.  On the scale is a large egg.


and a small egg!


I mix the cartons with eggs of every size.  I will usually put the
large eggs on the outside so the carton can close. 

Surplus of eggs!  The carton on the upper right can't close all
the way due to a very large egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment